Norah has been making progress on her crawling for a couple months now, but had yet to actually crawl. First it was up on her hand and knees, and then rocking back and forth. She would lunge forward towards whatever it was she wanted. She started doing her yoga poses bent over, but standing on two feet, and usually played in this semi-crouched position with one foot down and one knee down. From this position she would scoot backwards and could also put herself from her belly to a sitting position. She has definitely been strong enough to crawl for awhile, but just hadn't gotten the motions together. Yesterday I noticed she was very close, and was sort of dragging her one knee, and I thought she crawled, but it was only a step or two. Thus, I tried to get her to crawl to something, but she wouldn't budge. Tonight, her doll did the trick. She was fascinated with the doll and it motivated her to go the distance and ta da! We have a crawler. She isn't super fast yet, but I'm sure she'll get there.
Wednesday, September 18, 2013
Crawling!
Well, I have been on a blogging hiatus for a couple months. We've done a lot of traveling, and I've been meaning to go back and catch up, but the task just keeps getting bigger and bigger as time passes and I haven't had the time to sit down and do it all. However, this is definitely blog worthy and so we're back! I will do my best to do catch up posts on the last couple months later.
Norah has been making progress on her crawling for a couple months now, but had yet to actually crawl. First it was up on her hand and knees, and then rocking back and forth. She would lunge forward towards whatever it was she wanted. She started doing her yoga poses bent over, but standing on two feet, and usually played in this semi-crouched position with one foot down and one knee down. From this position she would scoot backwards and could also put herself from her belly to a sitting position. She has definitely been strong enough to crawl for awhile, but just hadn't gotten the motions together. Yesterday I noticed she was very close, and was sort of dragging her one knee, and I thought she crawled, but it was only a step or two. Thus, I tried to get her to crawl to something, but she wouldn't budge. Tonight, her doll did the trick. She was fascinated with the doll and it motivated her to go the distance and ta da! We have a crawler. She isn't super fast yet, but I'm sure she'll get there.
Norah has been making progress on her crawling for a couple months now, but had yet to actually crawl. First it was up on her hand and knees, and then rocking back and forth. She would lunge forward towards whatever it was she wanted. She started doing her yoga poses bent over, but standing on two feet, and usually played in this semi-crouched position with one foot down and one knee down. From this position she would scoot backwards and could also put herself from her belly to a sitting position. She has definitely been strong enough to crawl for awhile, but just hadn't gotten the motions together. Yesterday I noticed she was very close, and was sort of dragging her one knee, and I thought she crawled, but it was only a step or two. Thus, I tried to get her to crawl to something, but she wouldn't budge. Tonight, her doll did the trick. She was fascinated with the doll and it motivated her to go the distance and ta da! We have a crawler. She isn't super fast yet, but I'm sure she'll get there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yay, Norah! Leo started off with the same kind of crawl (one leg up, one knee done). It reminds me of a Japanese matial arts posture (iai goshi).
ReplyDelete