Friday, December 06, 2013

Thanksgiving and Tree Trimming

We had Thanksgiving in York with Jillian this year.  Jillian and I managed to make the whole turkey dinner with the added challenge of entertaining Norah, but it all went pretty well actually.  The only thing I didn't make this year was the pie crust from scratch.  We used a store bought one instead.  Oh well.  Rick was working on Thanksgiving, but made it home by 4:30 so we could all have dinner together.  Norah got her first taste of roasted turkey, stuffing, and some mashed potatoes.  It was her second time having turkey.  I had made her a turkey meatloaf the week before, which she really liked.

 

Saturday we went to Family Tree Farm to cut down our Christmas tree.  Rick was still working so it was just Jillian, Norah, and I.  We bundled Norah up pretty well so she wouldn't be too cold.  Luckily, it wasn't that cold outside and I had her in the ergo so I think that helped keep her warm as well.  Jillian cut the tree down, I watched, and Norah slept.  We got help tying the trunk door down, but we got the tree home and into the stand on our own.  We decorated the tree once Rick got home.









One holiday down, a couple more to go...On to Christmas and New Year, and then Norah's birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment