Sunday, August 05, 2012

Week 16 - Hello World!

Welcome to our blog!

I am posting this a week late, but last week we set up the baby's e-mail address and let the baby announce itself to our friends who didn't know the news yet.  Here is the e-mail that went out:

"Hello, family and friends!

Mama and Papa (OK, mostly Papa) have been slow in getting the word out, so I thought that I'd take matters into my own hands and introduce myself.  I'm not sure if I heard things correctly (after all, I'm listening through a bunch of fluid and without a fully-formed nervous system), but I think the doctors said that I should be making my grand appearance on or around January 13, 2013.  Everyone seems really happy when they hear the news, so that makes me happy too.

I'm really excited to meet you all when the time comes.  Please send Mama and Papa any good parenting stories that you have, from funny to terrifying... they'll need to hear them all!  I'm sure that they'll appreciate your wisdom, guidance, and support.

See you all soon!"



We received many responses to the e-mail and though we didn't reply to all of them we appreciate everyone's thoughts!  Here are a couple of the responses we received:

"Congratz guys!!!!!

You will never:
  • sleep in again
  • wear nice clothes without trepidation, but most importantly
  • know what you did with your lives before the little bundle of joy came along.

No words can describe parenthood and its true, that one can't understand how it changes your life (for the better) until the baby comes along.

You will love like you have never loved before."

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"No freakin way! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Baby Kiok is the best! This is going to be the cutest baby ever!  I LOVE YOU GUYS!!"

------------------------------------------------------------------

"BABY KIOK!!!!!
This is ridiculously exciting...and your Papa is a turd for not telling me sooner.  I would like to formally request that if you are a female, you refer to yourself as Susie Jr.  That doesn't mean Mama and Papa have to make that your legal name...I mean, who uses their legal name anyway?  I just really want some adorable baby to be named Susie Jr. and I sure as heck am not popping out one of your kind anytime soon (or at least not on purpose). 
Also, I would like to request that you stay in Mama's belly until January 16th since that is a day of greatness.  Seriously.  Stick it out.  I promise it'll be worth it. 
Anyway, tell the Parental Units that I love them and miss them.  And Em and I want to come visit them so they should let us know when the heck they will be around (see, I'm trying to curb my swearing for you....I make no promises in person though)." 


No comments:

Post a Comment